September is National Skin Care Awareness month!
Here are some fun facts about your skin:
- Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
- The average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- Your skin is thickest at your feet and thinnest on your eyelids.
- Your skin constantly sheds dead cells, about 30,000 to 40,000 cells every minute! That’s nearly 9 lbs per year!
- Dead skin comprises about a billion tons of dust in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Changes in your skin can sometimes signal changes in your overall health.
These fun facts are just a few of the many important aspects of your skin and your health. Here’s one more fact: NWOPCP carries a large line of Avene skincare products to help you protect your skin. Ask our staff about which product is best for you! Have a great day!